Curricular change - Requirements
Students are held to the curricular requirements printed in the catalog at the time of certification. To request the changes listed below please submit the Major Curricular Change Form for Requirement Revision
- Changes to certification requirements for majors, minors, or certificates.
- Changes to graduation requirements for majors, minors, or certificates.
- Changes to graduation requirements resulting from a course subject or number change.
- Extension of a major, minor or certificate to another campus.
- Requirement changes are only effective in the Fall term to coincide with the publication of a new catalog.
- Requirements must be the same across all campuses. Revisions can be made to adapt a 4 year plan to accommodate different campuses, but the requirements must be the same for all campuses. For example you cannot require MATH 106 on one campus and MATH 107 on another. However, you can amend the 4-year plan to require MATH 106 or MATH 107.
- Individual colleges may have specific submission requirements. Be sure to check the curricular change process for your college.
Addition of a new major, minor or certificate requires the submission of a Major Curricular Change Form New Requirements.
Please note the following:
- A 4-year schedule of studies that includes all University, college and major requirements must be submitted for all new majors or options
- A paragraph text of requirements must be submitted for all new minors and certificates.
- New requirements are only effective in the fall term.